Monday, August 19, 2019

animation - How to prevent unification when animating in photoshop?


I am trying to create an animated gif where text drops down and smashes into the background and cracks it. Whenever I try and transform it though, the transformation is applied to all frames. How do I prevent this? I'm using Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64-bit)



Answer



Layer position and opacity can be animated. The actual pixels in a bitmap layer can not. The solution is to move the layer with the move tool when you want to animate the position, and duplicate the layer when you need to make destructive changes to the bitmap itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...