Thursday, August 8, 2019

Is a cancel button necessary in a web form?


Personally I have never used it. I don't put information in a form and then decide everything needs to be cleared. I would edit one field.


Plus cancel in a UI suggests canceling an action which is in progress. Filling a form is not something in progress.


Would a "Clear All" button be more appropriate?




EDIT: (from merged question)


If "reset" buttons are not redundant, then why so? Give me a case where they are completey accepted, useful and maybe even encouraged/required?


If you feel obliged to put one in; does that imply that your form could be more usable?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...