Friday, August 30, 2019

design - Spacing between UI components


I tried looking up previous questions but came up empty on this one. I am sure that there are various standards and guidelines out there for this (Android, Apple or Windows), but it also seems like they break their own standards regularly.


Is there are minimum agreed standard for spacing between UI components for touch devices that can be used as a baseline to make adjustments? I assume this would be based on similar principles as those proposed for button sizes.


To clarify the question a little bit further, is the confusion between the spacing also due to the specification of padding space around the UI in addition to gaps added? I haven't seen these differences specified clearly anywhere, but I assume that the padding space should be uniform while the gap can vary depending on how you group the UI elements together on the interface.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...