Sunday, August 25, 2019

navigation - Where should a 404 page link back to?


This might be a no-brainer but I can't decide whether the 404 error page should link back to the page, from which the user has come, or should it direct to the main page where the user can navigate to any part of the site? Making links to previous pages is really hard to implement since I will need to incorporate some sort of session cookie or something to track the previous URL.



Answer



Well I think I just found the answer to my own question but I'll be glad to listen to other inputs too ,I believe having a sitemap of the various links on the site would help or atleast a sitemap of the main pages on the site (if the site is too large to have a full fledged sitemap on the 404 page)


Heinz ketchup does this really well


Direct link here


Direct Link here



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...