Saturday, August 3, 2019

wording - Is there a concept for "yet to be discovered" affordances?


We're building an app that has an element that performs some specific set of actions. The element itself is new, and tests are very conclusive: for the target the app is directed to, the affordance is clear (while for other targets, it's not, but this is basic in Gibson's theory).


So I'm writing the documentation for the app, and came to the part where I have to describe this element, and I was simply explaining the fact that affordances had yet to be discovered but test are conclusive, providing all the theoretical background and testing results at hand. Then I thought that instead of having to re-create the wheel, I could simply include existing research on the concept of "yet to be discovered affordances" itself (assuming it exists).


Note: Of course I'm aware about Nielsen's UX Discoverability and Gaver's False affordances concepts, so this NOT what I'm asking. In some way, I think it's the state previous to UX Discoverability.


Anyways, maybe it's just that I can't think the proper words, but my question is "Is there a concept for "yet to be discovered" affordances?"




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...