Sunday, August 4, 2019

resolution - How does size work with PNG-8 and PNG-24 images?


I am desperately trying to save a psd file as a high res png.


I found some relevant setting when I click Save for Web in photoshop but then I got confused about size vs resolution. I found this explanation:



"Png -8 has less size and low resolution, on the other hand png-24 has more size with high resolution. But these two formats are of less size than normal png file."



I need to crank an image up to 300 px per inch but if I save as png-24 will that do the trick or reduce the size instead of increasing it?


Probably sounds like a silly question for those who know but help would be much appreciated. Thanks.





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...