Sunday, August 25, 2019

Photoshop: How do I create a new layer from a shape that I wish to draw?


When I try to draw a shape, I can't seem to get it to create a new layer, but rather it always goes on the layer that I already have selected. How do I create a new layer from a shape that I wish to draw? Otherwise, I can't seem to edit its colour....


In relation to this, I watched a tutorial and each time the guy drew a new shape it created a coloured thumbnail linked to a thumbnail with the shape inside of a grey box. For me, currently, the shapes just keep appearing on transparent layer thumbnails.


This is what the tool bar looks like with the shape tool selected:





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...