Monday, August 26, 2019

creative writing - Can I use prominent people in history to as characters in my fiction?


I am a little puzzled. I want to set my story in a real era that happened; like say, the American civil wars during Lincoln's time, and involve the then prominent figures like Lincoln and McClellan as some of my major characters, though portraying them fictitiously; reputation and natures maintained. Has this got to bring me some problem?


Again, my story is historically untrue, but I need to infuse it into a real historical event that might have happened and let it make part of the event; can this work? Please help me know.





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...