Friday, August 9, 2019

gui design - UI: name of multiple column interface?


Is there a "proper" name for the UI wherein it has multiple columns, and as you interact with the first column, the second column gets populated with with appropriate data? These columns act as a filter of sorts to determine what content to display in the next column.


For example, the first column has a list of countries. If you select USA, then the next column contains a list of US states, and so on.


In mobile devices, these generally appear as a list of navigation item with an arrow pointing to the right. You click an item and you are taken to another "page", and so on.


I'm asking because I need to find a jQuery plugin to do this. I also have some technical questions about it. But first, I need to know what this thing is called.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...