Thursday, August 1, 2019

dialogue - Introduce new English dialect


I'm willing to introduce a new character who speaks a different English - he uses all the words with -ed in the past and past perfect tenses and he doesn't use the continuous tenses:



"Eh, they fighted for long yesterday, see'ed it with me own eyes," said the man. "I ordered me a beer, sitted, and drinked it while they did."



Is it okay if I just show his way of speaking without explaining where that came from?


Are there any better solutions to not make the reader feel awkward and make it flow in smoothly?


The plot speaks about a small village far from big cities. The year is somewhere around 3046. Life has changed quite a lot outside big cities.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...