Thursday, January 31, 2019

adobe illustrator - Rotate and blend along a curved path


I am trying to create this effect


http://qldsignfactory.com.au/sites/qldsignfactory.com.au/files/photos/bunting.jpg


I've tried using this method here but I can't get the triangle to point perpendicular the path...


http://vimeo.com/6518000


Any idea how I can create the effect?



Answer



Blends won't work for what you are after. The reason is you're looking to get artwork to align to basically one side of a path. Blends align to the center of paths in all cases. And, as you've discovered, blends don't rotate artwork based on their spine. Blends only rotate artwork if the artwork creating the blend is rotated.



First: Use this basic technique for a pattern brush:


How to make Objects follow a path (illustrator) (like on the las vegas sign)


Here's a screen shot of how the brush art would look, then how it looks applied to a curved stroke:


pennants


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...