Thursday, January 24, 2019

navigation - Is there a better solution than breadcrumbs to cascading categories on mobile?


I am working on a mobile application (Android ICS based) where I need to show a lot of products on screen. Now the products are categorized in several categories which are on X level, where X is defined by business. So it could be 4, it could be 10.


So in a navigation where I want to let the user choose from category to navigate to a particular set of products I am trying to use Cascaded Menu as shown below. But how can I let the user jump from one level to parent or directly to home or directly 2 level up? enter image description here



I am using a breadcrumb sort of feature here but want to understand if you guys have a better solution which is more for mobile usage and helps in easy navigation. Clicking on breadcrumbs looks cheap for a mobile device in my opinion.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...