Saturday, January 12, 2019

website design - 0 to 10 rating system alternative


I have a system where the user has to rate other systems efficiency, availability, functionality and velocity in a 0 to 10 scale.



I was going to use a simple "10 stars" interface for this, but I think the screen gets really "crowded".


Web site interface


Besides that, i wanted an interface in which the user could rate more than one system at once and with the current format, I think it would be too confusing.


Is there any good alternative to the side by side radio buttons interface? Like a side to side scroll bar, maybe?



Answer



10 seems quite a wide range for what is essentially a 'do I like this' poll. Does it really make a difference if Fifteen people rate Availability at 7 and Thirty people rate it at 8?


I'm not sure you really need that much accuracy in such a subjective poll.


Why not use a standard 5-point Likert scale?


enter image description here


(Image from the Wikipedia article.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...