Tuesday, January 22, 2019

business - Pricing for Website Design (Graphics Only)


I was wondering if someone could advise me on pricing for a website design.



I'm redesigning a blog/travel site for an individual. The site is about 8 pages plus some modules, etc. I'm also redesigning their logo. I've already spent about a week doing it, maybe 3 hours per day and I'm still not halfway finished (kind of a perfectionist). I plan to charge for the project itself, rather than hourly. According to the advise I've already received, I should be charging anywhere between $1000 and $1500. I'm just curious what other people thought.


My main concern is overcharging for a site that I will not be coding. I am doing ONLY the graphics and basically the product I'm delivering with be a wireframe layout and all the custom graphic files (vectors, etc.) and the person I'm designing it for will do all the CMS stuff himself. Again, I'm doing NO CODING whatsoever.


So, that said, what should I be charging? I'm also including unlimited design revisions up to two months after initial completion. Any ideas? Another thing to mention is that I'm a student and it's my first paid job (but he doesn't know that). Anyway, thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have!




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...