Sunday, January 27, 2019

images - Indesign CS5 relink all links when moving to a different computer


I have done a lot of work on a lot of files. To give them to a new designer working for us, I have put them on an external HDD and passed them over. But he now has to open up every file individually and relink them to the External HDD or his own HDD. This is really time consuming (there are hundreds of documents). Is there a quicker way to do this? We really only need to be able to tell InDesign that the front of the image location has changed, as all of the other parts of the file structure are the same.


This would save me loads of time, and I'm sure there must be a solution...



Answer



I found another answer. In the Links Panel there's a drop down menu in the top right, choose Relink to Folder and it should relink all the files in one step.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...