Sunday, January 13, 2019

data visualisation - What characteristics make a graph look professional?


I'm documenting a technical/scientific project, in which I'm needing an extensive amount of graphs to represent the data.



I would like this graphs to be as clear and representative as possible. Of course the priority is using properly the data and choose the most appropriate medium (meaning for instance bar plot against scatter plot).


But from a design perspective, what elements are important to make sure that the graphs are high quality and look professional?


I'm aware of the fact that they should be preferrably (if not mandatorily) vector images rather than rasters, and that the markings shouldn't be such to hide details of the represented data. But other than that?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...