Saturday, January 26, 2019

The future language of quant programming?




Im just about to begin the programming aspect of my education towards being a Quant. I know what languages are currently being used and how popular they are. However, I have several good friends getting their masters in computer science and related engineering degrees who tell me that C++ and similar languages are surely outdated for what Quants do.


Now despite that the work builds on itself and thus a need for C++ and similar languages are currently needed, do you see a change in the languages being used over the next 10 years? If so, what expected languages do you anticipate will be used?


P.s. I know this is a bit more discussion based than Stackexchange normally deals with. However, I am polling from multiple sites with the hope of being able to write on this topic to provide help to those in the future (as there is almost nothing on the web on this topic). Further, as the number of active quant sites is limited, to acquire a large enough data set to be useful, Stackexchange was a great resource to use. - Sorry for any inconvenience.





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...