Monday, January 21, 2019

animation - How to export a GIF from After Effects?


I don't want to make a PNG sequence, I just want to make a GIF directly from After Effects. Once I checked out an online tutorial there I could see the GIF option while Rendering composition. But I am not able to see the GIF option anymore, so what I did I made lots of PNG sequence for the same then export it to Photoshop but that is to much time-consuming process and my system just hangs.


Output Module Settings



Answer



When I need to create a GIF from After Effects, I do my animation in After Effects, go to Menu>Composition>Pre-Render and render it out as an uncompressed MOV file. Then you can drag that file onto Photoshop and it will open in the video timeline. From there you can "Save for Web" as an animated GIF file. It's a fairly straight forward process and yields good results. If you need to isolate a small section of the animation for exporting, adjust the working area brackets to that area and that will be the only section exported as a GIF.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...