Friday, November 6, 2015

education - Technical writer degree with an English BA?



I'm desperately trying to get out of my dead end Federal job. I have a BA in English and a love of a lot of different topics, including several science fields. I would have Majored in science if I could have. But i have low vision and never could pass labs. I'm also very tech savvy. I got really excited recently when I realised that the university that I practically live on had a graduate degree for what they call 'science writing'. It sounds right down my alley, but I don't know if it's worth doing if my Bachelors degree was in English as opposed to a science or IT background. I've done a lot of on the fly computer how-to writing for co-workers and family who can't tell a mouse from a CD, but I have no paid working experience doing them. Is there a point in trying to get into this field without an obvious paper trail of a technical background? And would doing a master's degree program be rhetorical with a BA in English already?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...