Monday, November 30, 2015

How to get for SVG with Illustrator CS4


I'm trying to get the data for an SVG file I'm creating with Illustrator CS4. It needs to look something like this, where I'm interested in retrieving the numbers inside the d attribute...





The problem is that no matter which settings I try, my SVG file output does not contain this element. It only contains an element looking something like this...


this one. It shows settings that output the  but at the end it jumps to an output containing the  just like I want. The problem is that it's not really showing anything about how to get to that point. No matter what I do, I only see . Thanks.




EDIT:


I'm getting closer. I finally realized that to get a I needed to convert the raster image to vectors. I used the "Live Trace > Make" option. Now my output contains multiple elements as well as the element... how do I get just one ?




EDIT 2:


As per a request in comments, here is an example image already created by somebody else. It's an RSS icon represented by a single ...









RSS icon



Answer



You'll need to create a complex path from a Live Trace.


Since complex paths cannot contain multiple colors, you'll either need to use the "Black and White" setting with an appropriate threshold, or use the "Greyscale" option with the minimum amount of colors.



In both cases, make sure "Ignore White" is selected.


enter image description here


enter image description here


Expand the traced image using Object > Expand...


enter image description here


This should give you a group containing a single complex path. You can inspect the output further by using the Layers palette.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...