Monday, November 30, 2015

How can I convert a path to a shape in Inkscape?


This is a follow-up to my earlier question, where I learned that one can trace the edge of a vector image by using a union if all the parts are shapes.


However, while I found instructions for converting a shape to a path, I did not find any instructions for the reverse operation.


How can I convert a path to a shape, so I can perform a union?



Edit: For clarification, this is the svg I am trying to trace the outside boundary of.



Update: I first ungrouped, and then did Object to Path. When I subsequently try to perform Path->Union, I get the error


One of the objects is not a path. Cannot perform boolean operation.

Update2: It turned out I had nested groups. After ungrouping the nested groups, I was able to do a Path -> Union. However, this operation had the effect of simply destroying my image and leaving nothing, which was not the intended effect.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...