Wednesday, November 11, 2015

vector - How do I draw a heart shape in inkscape?


I'd prefer the method to draw it using two circles and a rectangle because I think that's the simplest method. But other methods are also OK. I need a not too curvy heart. Something like this.


Ideal heart found on the web


I tried putting two circles together and a square below them. But I'm not getting a perfect heart. The intersection points of the square and circles are edgy. I want to know how much distance there should be between the circles and how big the square should be when compared to the circles. Here is my effort's result.


Heart drawn by me



Answer






  1. Create a square.


    enter image description here




  2. Create a semicircle with the same diameter:




    1. Create a circle.



      enter image description here




    2. Move the round control in the circle tool to make it a semicircle, with the straight side being perfectly horizontal and facing downwards.


      enter image description here




    3. Select your square, copy, select your semicircle, edit → paste size → paste width. Be sure to have the proportion lock activated (the little lock in the toolbar).


      enter image description here







  3. Open the Align and distribute tab, choose relative to as first selected.



    1. Select your square and then your semicircle.

    2. align bottom edge of objects to top edge of anchor.

    3. align left edges.


    enter image description here





  4. Duplicate the semicircle and rotate by 90 ° clockwise, repeat step 3 analogously.


    enter image description here




  5. Select all three objects, path → object to path and path → union.




  6. Object  → transform → rotate by 45 ̌°.



    enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...