Sunday, November 29, 2015

gimp - How do I define or deselect areas where the "Color to Alpha" effect should not be applied?


I have an image where the background is white and there are various important components that are also white. I want to just change the background to alpha, but "Colors to Alpha" - by default - changes all the white to alpha.


Please help and thank you!



Answer



If the image is in a single layer, select the areas you want to go transparent with the "Magic Wand" (Fuzzy Select) tool instead.


Them just Edit->Cut to get rid of the selected parts. (Make sure your background layer has an alpha channel Layer->Transparency->Add Alpha Channel).


If your background is in a different layer, then just delete/hide that layer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...