Saturday, November 7, 2015

navigation - How to explain to director that a multilevel dropdown menu isn't a good idea


My director and designer want to make a big drop-down menu on our site. Multilevel menu :



|     MENU 1     |     MENU 2     |     MENU 3     |     MENU 4     |
-----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|
| SUBMENU 2-1 |
| SUBMENU 2-2 |
| SUBMENU 2-3 > |----------------|
| SUBMENU 2-4 | SUBMENU 2-3-1 |
|----------------| SUBMENU 2-3-2 |
| SUBMENU 2-3-3 |
| SUBMENU 2-3-4 |
| SUBMENU 2-3-5 |

|----------------|

I think it's a bad idea. I think it's very uncomfortable. Am I right? Is this really bad idea to do such a navigation menu on the website? (in 2011 ;) )



Answer



How about using a mega menu? http://www.useit.com/alertbox/mega-dropdown-menus.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...