Sunday, November 15, 2015

How to have a 2-color logo put on a color background of the same hue?


The logo I currently have is similar to the one below.


enter image description here


It has 2 colors of the same hue, with different brightnesses. I'm attempting to put the logo on a Windows app, with the design calling for a colored background and a white icon. I don't want it to have a white background and look out of place on any user's Start screen, however, I'm wondering how I should change the secondary color in the logo. I don't know if it should look something like this,


enter preformatted text here


or something else. What's the most visually appealing way to do this?



Answer



I actually feel your current iteration may be the best solution.



Out of the possible variations I explored the white and secondary color version was the best in terms of clarity and prominence, in my opinion.


Samples....


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...