Thursday, November 19, 2015

user behavior - Pros and cons of displaying 2 CTA for the same purpose?



I am building a comment section and I am trying to display clear call to actions to get the user to participate in the current debate.


I put into perspective statistics about the comment section and the two best contributions.


Here is what it looks like on desktop and on phones


enter image description here



enter image description here


I thought two buttons would do the trick to get the user to the comment section but my users tests weren't as successful as expected.


What do you think ?



Answer




I am building a comment section and I am trying to display clear call to actions to get the user to participate in the current debate.



Your current design contradicts what you say you're looking for: the clear call to actions is visually subordinated to all the info content. In fact, all of the design contrasts are in favor of the content, not the action button: size, shape, color, proportion, spacing...


enter image description here


Although if this information is necessary and should occupy a larger space, some visual organization is necessary when designing. It can help to work at the schematic level to prioritize and relocate elements.



enter image description here


Without knowing the design base, I think organizing all the information within a single section and defining the action to this whole set can help:


enter image description here


For the responsive version it's exactly the same layout arranged vertically. To adjust the space and give greater importance to the container and its button, the content can be inside a slider.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...