Thursday, November 19, 2015

fiction - Should foreshadowing be close to the main event?


This question is a followup to my earlier question.


Continuing the dialog with my one critic, I wrote back that I believed that certain "foreshadowing" was necessary. Then I added something like, "But I take what I believe to be your main point, which was that Chapter 2 was too early for this material, when other matters were more pressing." I now believe that this foreshadowing scene should be in Chapter 10 or 11, because the main scene takes place in Chapter 12.


Is this a good way to look at things? Could it have been that the real problem was that the scene was in the wrong place, even though necessary?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...