Monday, November 16, 2015

line art - How do I prepare a scanned pencil sketch for coloring in Photoshop?


I want to color sketches in Photoshop, but when I prepared the sketch (using Levels, Hue, and other modifications) to turn it into workable line art, some details were missing. I think it depends on how you draw your sketch.


What are important steps for drawing a sketch (with pen or pencil) that is to be colored in Photoshop? A step-by-step instruction would be appreciated.


For instance, here it is the sketch


This is after my preparations in Photoshop enter image description here



Answer



Are you scanning your sketches? Your scanner may be able to reduce some of the extraneous noise and provide you with clean line art. Failing that, I'd recommend using a Levels adjustment layer. I was able to do this in a few minutes with levels and a quick mask with the magnetic lasso:


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...