Saturday, November 28, 2015

vector - How can I connect two disjoint paths in Sketch App?


For example if I draw a oval and then want to paint part of it into different color, how can I connect edge points of my new path with oval?


paths



Answer




What you need to do is this:




  1. Expand the small path, so that its bounds extend over the outline of the oval (you'll need to click 'Close Path' in the inspector to make it a close path):


    Extend Path




  2. Duplicate the big oval:


    Duplicate Oval





  3. Select the newly duplicate oval and the small shape:


    Select Both




  4. Select Layer › Combine › Intersect:


    Intersect




  5. Select Layer › Paths › Flatten:



    Flatten




  6. Ta-da!:


    Done




Hope it helps :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...